Hello, all. Since the site got some new administrators, I thought I'd make myself known. I am Dandy. The Sergeant might stop by later. We now hold all the awesome power over this most prestigious interwebs destination. Bribes are accepted and encouraged.
As our glorious leader has already noted, Spat Camp 2011 is imminent. Therefore, y'all should probably be at the Bassment today around 10am for some Tuba Spat. Think boot camp, but not the happy fun Stripes kind; we're talking Full Metal Jacket here. Totally. If you are driven insane by the constant abuse and torment, I suggest you come back here rather than terminating your drill instructor, since the forums look a little lonely. We can work through this together.
By the way, rookies should completely disregard the last paragraph. You should NOT be at the Bassment at 10am today for Tuba Spat. You should be frivolously frittering away your few remaining weeks of freedom, until you go to Spat Camp. The real one. Don't forget to go.
What do I bring to Spat Camp, you might ask? Well, I haven't read the official pack list, but I truly hope everyone can manage to gird their own loins sufficiently. Aside from underwear, I suggest you bring:
1) Your belongings. Remember, you will be attending a university once Spat Camp ends, and you will only have a weekend to go crying to your mommy that you forgot all your favorite novelty underwear.
2) Sun protection, including sun screen and perhaps a hat or attractive visor. Also aviators. Remember, not blistering in the sun is your own business. However, the total coolness of the section is everyone's business. Aviators are strongly encouraged. I personally advocate the hip and happening neon visor accompaniment.
3) If you bring freezies to Spat Camp, everyone will love you. If you don't, you'll only have to bring some later. Sooner is better. I hear it helps you get into pregame.
4) Memorized music. All of it. All the music. If nothing else, at least try for the rouser and mn march. I know I forgot everything already.
5) Balls. Lots of them. If you bring ping pong balls, though, I will personally laugh at you. With you. Sure.
Any questions or concerns should probably go to someone more qualified to help you, but if you'd like to contact me email
or just hide outside my window until I notice you and call the police. Whatever floats your boat.